Business Development Manager
Canaan Travels is much more than a business– it is a personal invitation to explore the world in comfort and style, allowing your soul to be refreshed as you contemplate God in the beauty of His nature.
Canaan Travels is a fast-growing Travel Company in Uganda offering individual and group luxurious, affordable, leisure holidays and cooperate travels in Uganda with further networks in the East African region and beyond. We arrange travel and tour packages that ensure life-changing experiences and treasured memories for our clients
We are currently seeking for a passionate and dynamic individual that prides themselves in their ability develop a business development strategy to drive sales and delivers extraordinary levels of customer service. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for implementing all sales activities and maximizing business opportunities. He/she will be a brand ambassador for Canaan Travels and is expected to act with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism to drive sustainable business growth and stakeholder value working in partnership with Directors and a dedicated team.
- Develop and execute growth strategies and plans to expand client relationships and drive revenue from diverse source markets and customer segments – international, domestic, leisure, corporate.
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients (tour operators, travel agents, direct clients) in the travel and tourism trade both domestically and internationally.
- Develop rate and pricing strategies
- Manage strategic partnerships and affiliations with international hospitality brands and networks.
- Proactively identify market trends and demand patterns in hospitality and travel to ensure strategic alignment.
- Lead the digitization of sales and marketing processes to maximize efficiency.
- Represent Canaan travels at major domestic and international travel and tourism events including Expos.
- Manage contracting and related negotiations with key customers.
- Contribute effectively to the preparation of annual operating budgets and forecasts.
- Contribute pro-actively to the Company’s sustainability and impact goals
- Recruit and develop Business Development and Sales and Marketing talent who demonstrate strong functional expertise, innovation, and entrepreneurial leadership skills to meet the business needs of the Collection.
- Sets smart goals and objectives for direct reports.
- Promote employee engagement to deliver excellence.
- Passion for adventure, tourism, and hospitality
- At least 3 years’ experience in Sales & Business Development for an African Tour Brand, and a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience.
- Experience in hospitality operations beneficial
- Excellent command of English and the ability to create copy for marketing purposes
- Willingness to travel
- A bachelor’s degree in tourism, travel, hospitality or Business administration with relevant experience is desirable asset.
- Certification in travel or hospitality may be advantageous.
- Knowledge of travel management processes.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors of direct travel (existing relationships may be advantageous).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- A basic understanding of Geography.
- Excellent digital marketing and computer skills.
Send your application for email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.